Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Google Alert, Google Alert!

I've been using Google Alert for quite some time now and I was surprised when Kyle and Carson revealed this method on their Who Loves Money e-book.

If you haven't heard, Google Alert is a good way for finding niches! It's one of the methods I use when I want to find out more about a particular industry or a particular niche. Here's how it works.

When you find a niche that you're interested in, say for example Honda Civic. All you have to do is go to Google Alert and fill out four little boxes.

  1. Search term: this is where you put your niche. In our case Honda Civic
  2. Type: there's 5 different sources here. (news, blogs, groups, web, comprehensive). Basically what this is asking you is where do you want your sources to come from. I always choose "comprehensive" because I believe it's a combination of all the sources
  3. How often: here you get to choose how often you want it delivered to you. You have a choice of once a day, once a week or as it happens. The choice is yours
  4. Email addy: just type in your email.
Viola! You're done. Now depending on how often you wanted it to be delivered, you just sit back and wait for Google to send you some info.

I've found some great niches using this method and even other interesting stuff. I honestly don't know what we would do without the web. It's made life so much easier. Everything you ever wanted to know is literally right on our fingertips!

I hope this information was helpful. If not then my bad!

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=41d1da84904498ab4c9db40338745ebb ss_blog_claim=41d1da84904498ab4c9db40338745ebb