Friday, March 30, 2007

7 Guidelines Before Buying A Money Making Product Or System

If you have a money making website or blog, then I can assume that you've been exposed to alot of the different how to make money salespage/salespitch out there that is currently littering the internet right now. I've bought so many money making products and systems that some of them are just taking up space in my hard drive.

These guidelines are basically for the newbies out there since I know from experience that reading a sales letter sucks big time. Some of them are just too long arent they? Well, hopefully these little tips can guide you and aid you as to what to look for before handing over your hard earned money and making the same mistakes I did. With that said, let's get started.

1. Site professionalism-Before you buy a product, skim through the whole salespage and ask yourself, How does the design of the page look like? Is it well laid out? Does it look nice and clean and presentable? Did it look like the author spent some time designing his salespage? For the most part, the answer to these questions will be yes. They will have nice headers, nice graphics, bulleted points etc etc. But occassionally, you'll run into some "amateurish" websites. Basically, these websites have no graphics and no headers, maybe a catchy title and at the bottom of the page, they ask you for your email address and that's it. I personally stay away from these types of websites because all they want to do is collect email addresses before they show you their actual salespage. I don't like those so I stay away from them.

Another thing you have to ask yourself when looking at a salespage is how convincing is this website? Does it grab your attention? Will this product benefit you in the long run?

2. Proof of earnings screenshots-this is another one of those things that are very misleading. You need to be very careful when looking at proof of earnings screenshots and don't let yourself get too excited when you see the amount of money these people are making. Alot of them are bogus. All it takes is a little bit of photshop and those numbers can be manipulated. What you need know about these screenshots also is that the total amount they have on their screenshots are not what they really earned (or net profit) since they also have to pay for their advertising costs. You also need to look at the amount they supposedly are earning everyday. Does it look realistic? Can you really earn that much in one day? So be wary of these screenshots. I'm not saying that they cannot be achieved, I'm pretty sure you can but that takes time. So be careful and don't buy a product based on their so called "proof of earnings."

3. Testimonials-I'm not that critical when it comes to testimonials but there are certain criteria that I look for when reading testimonials. I know that for the most part, testimonials will only include the person's first name and last name initial followed by the city and state where they are from. I'm a little bit cautious when it comes to these kinds of testimonials because sometimes they are just made up by the author. It's not hard to write your own testimonial and put a bogus name beside it, who's gonna know right? A good testimonial will usually have the first and last name of the customer, the city and state they live in and sometimes even a picture. Some testimonials even have audio on them so that can be a good thing also. I've also seen testimonials where the author will put screenshots of the email they get tellling them how good their product is so that can be a valid testimonial.

4. Price-before I buy a product, I always check the price. Unless of course you're a millionaire and don't bother to check for the price (in this case, why are you here?) Ask yourself, is this product really worth the amount they are saying? Can you afford it? Is this just a one time payment or will there be monthly payments for using this product. There were times when I would directly scroll down the bottom of the salespage first and check the price. If it sounds reasonable then that's when I would critique the salesletter. If I know I can't afford it at the moment and I'm interested at the product, I would usually just bookmark it and come back to it at a later date. I've done this for numerous products. Don't believe the "Limited Time Offers" or the "Buy this before midnight" crap. Some even have a timer saying this offer is only valid until the timer runs out. Pssh...that's BS. I've bought multiple systems a month sometimes even a year later, and they were still the same price as before.

5. Money back guarantee-I can't emphasize this enough. Always, always, look for a money back guarantee. There were times when I bought a system and found out that the information they had, I already knew or another ebook already talked about it. One word of caution though, always read their guarantee. Just because you see a money back guarantee deal on their site, does not mean that you will get your money back. Some sites will ask you to prove to them that you used their methods and show them proof, otherwise they won't give you a refund. I, personally, look for money back guarantee agreements where they say that they will give you a refund "no questions asked." That sounds better to me because sometimes, the techniques they teach just plain suck or it's already something I've done.

6. Google it for scams-this is another technique I've learned throughout the years. Before you hit the "buy it now" button because their salespage was so good and got you convinced to try their product, google it for scams. All you do is type the products name and the word "scam" after it. So let's say you found a product called "Instant fame and fortune" (this is just a fictitious product, not a real one). You then go to google, and type "Instant fame and fortune scam" You just don't know how many times this little research has saved me money and hopefully you too. Try it, you'll thank me later.

7. Visit forums-this is probably another good way for you to do research before buying a how to make money product. There are two forums I usually go to. One is called: why do work forum and the other one is warrior forum.

If you go to why do work forum, click on the "Forum" tab, then look for the "Work at home forums" section. Under that title, you will see a forum title called "Anyone heard of..." Here you will find a lot of the money making products that other people have bought and you can get an idea whether it's worth buying or not. If you don't see it, just start one yourself, you'll usually get a response.

If you go to warrior forum, look for the forum title "Internet marketing product reviews and ratings" Here you will find if the product you want is a money maker or a fluke.

So there you go folks. This is my guidelines before I indulge in buying a make money system or product. There are exceptions of course, these guidelines here are just that...guidelines. If for example, you feel that the product is good and you know it's not a scam but the testimonies look funky where it's just the first name and last name initial, go ahead and buy it especially if people in the forums are having success with it. What I'm trying to say is that each website or salespage is not gonna have all this criteria I've listed above. In fact, I've never seen one yet. These guidelines are just my way of researching a product so I'm not out there wasting my money on every single "how to make money online" program out there.

So remember folks, research, research, research. We all work too damn hard to just throw our money away. Till then...peace out!

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=41d1da84904498ab4c9db40338745ebb ss_blog_claim=41d1da84904498ab4c9db40338745ebb